Wednesday, February 09, 2005

 

Geocaching From Nevada

I got a GPS to help find hot springs out west and learned about the sport of Geocaching. I thought it'd help hone my navigating skills and quickly found it to be a lot of fun.
For my first try I picked a cache near home, the Highlands cache. Walking from home I started out, and not surprisingly, didn't take the shortest route. But eventually the coords on the GPS matched what I'd written down so I looked around with great expectation.
Just 3' away were some pieces of wood that had been obviously placed by a person so I looked and felt the thrill of sucess.
Now all I needed was some warm sunny weather to melt the unusual amount of snow we got in January.

For more about Highlands cache:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=bd9b264b-ed03-4634-a2dd-f1f90a10a2ec
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?